I was at the mall yesterday and had to stop myself from going into Bath & Body Works to buy lip gloss. It was hard but I walked away. Why would I force myself to walk away from the greatness that is B&BW lip gloss with its menthol healing properties and high shine? Because I am utterly obsessed with lip gloss. At any given time there are at least 6 in my bag.
Going to the drug store pretty much guarantees that I will be buying more. I don’t spend much on gloss. A $30 tube of gloss is not something you will find in my bag. I like them cheap, easy to locate and non-sticky.
Here is what’s in my bag right now:
EOS (evolution of smooth) Strawberry Sorbet. They are right when they say smooth! This cute balm is tasty and makes my lips super soft. It smells delightful and it’s organic!
- Liquid Lipsmackers Watermelon. This is little tube last a pretty long time. It has a great smell and high shine. I really love that it is non-sticky.
- E.L.F Super Glossy Lip Shine. The name says it all. It’s got great shine, non-sticky and a little bit of color.
- Liplicious Signature Vanillas Berry. I actually don’t love this particular B&BW gloss. It’s a tad sticky and very thick. I use it once in a while but only if I can’t find something else after digging through my bag for a minute or so.
- Green Apple Lip balm Walgreens brand. I love this one because not only is it a triple threat (shine, smell and no-nsticky) it was $0.99 and a little goes a long way! I’ve had this since Christmas, use it more than anything else and still have a little over half left.
- Lipsmackers Lip Sparkler Vanilla Frosting. This is an old favorite that I always keep on hand. It doesn’t do much for moisture but it last a long time and is easy to slip in my pocket or clutch. This is my favorite to carry with me when I’m going out. I’m not big on color but I love shine and shimmer so this works. And since it’s fairly cheap, I don’t mind reapplying it a lot. Which I do to attract attention to my lips…don’t judge me.
- The Disco Ball. I have not idea the name of this one. It was also a $0.99 Walgreens find. I was surprised at how great this one is. First of all, it’s glitter which makes it a good going out gloss. Second, it’s actually very moisturizing. I really like it. If it weren’t full of glitter, I would use it daily.
And just to be honest, I probably will be buying that B&BW gloss very soon.
- Best Lip Glosses – Pretty Pout: Our Fave Glosses For Spring & Summer (hollywoodlife.com)
- New Nyx Lipgloss swatches part 1 (prettiemeup.wordpress.com)
- My Entire Lip Collection! (theothersideofalex.com)