In 2 weeks, I will be having surgery. The realization of this hit me hard when the hospital called to schedule me. That also made me realize I hadn’t even started shopping for the things I’ll need post-op. I went online to get what I knew was a quick list of items. I was so wrong.
Post-op Surgery List
- Vitamin c (reduce scaring)
- Bacitracin (neosporin)
- Bromelian (pineapple extract to reduce swelling/scaring)
- OTC sleep aid (for trying to sleep with pain due to being elevated)
- Stool softener (too many meds = constipation)
- Silicone Sheet
- Hibiclens/Antibacterial soap (to wash body with before surgery)
- Heating pads
- Ice packs
- Thermometer (1st way to detect infection)
- Low sodium soup
- Wedge pillow (can’t lie down)
- Button down gowns/shirts (can’t lift arms)
- Bucket (for nausea)
This really isn’t even a complete list. I didn’t even cover entertainment for bedrest or the long list of recommended vitamins to help expedite recovery. Not to mention the list of things I need to do like clean house, do laundry, get my hair done, pay bills early so I don’t have to think about them later….the list feels never ending.
I truly just need to focus on relaxing and checking things off the list one by one.