Now, this is one of those comfort food recipes that must, must, MUST be in your recipe book. It’s bordered on the chillier side here for the past few days and I got a request for chicken and dumplings. It’s something that I make so rarely, that it’s super special when I do make it.
Don’t worry. It’s super simple.
Here’s the deets:
1 large rotisserie chicken, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup chopped carrots
1 medium onion, diced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
2 bullion cubes
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups of flour
2 cup chicken broth
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
- Saute celery, carrots and onion in butter until soft. Butter makes it better.
- Add chopped rotisserie chicken, broth, bullion cubes, salt, pepper and enough water to cover all ingredients
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, let simmer while preparing dumplings
- In a mixing bowl, combine dumpling ingredients and mix well to form a stiff batter. Drop by tablespoonfuls into simmering soup.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.